Middle Tennessee Roofing Company was founded soon after World War II by a gentleman named Houston Pewitt. The company was originally located in 1947 at the corner of 12th Ave. South and Caldwell Avenue in Nashville, Tennessee.
Specializing in residential roofing, siding, and gutters, the company operated under the direction of Mr. Pewitt until 1958. At that time, the company was purchased by the late Mr. William Claypool. In 1967, Mr. Claypool moved the business when he purchased property from the Hill family and constructed a building in the 2300 block of 12th Ave South, which is now known as the 12 South district. Mr. Claypool expanded the business to include commercial roofing, as well as residential roofing.
In 1973, Mr. Claypool, wanting to retire, sold the business to its current owner, Wayne Burkeen. Under the direction of Mr. Burkeen, Middle Tennessee Roofing Company, now located at 4024 Stewarts Lane, again expanded its services to include industrial roofing and sheet metal, as well as commercial and residential roofing.